Sooner is Better than Later-Twin Cities buyers shouldn’t wait
Buyers who have delayed purchasing a home due to concerns about what might happen to the tax laws affecting home ownership should feel comfortable about getting back in the market. The recent legislation passed by Congress and signed by the President continues to value homes as a favored investment.
For a summary of specific real estate provisions in the “Fiscal Cliff” bill, click here http://www.realtor.org/articles/real-estate-provisions-in-fiscal-cliff-bill
Whether the delayed purchase is for a home to live in as your principal residence or to use as rental property, taking action sooner is better than later.
Reasons to buy now:
1. The house payment with taxes and insurance is probably cheaper than the rent.
2. Rents will continue to rise making the difference even greater in the future.
3. Lock-in the principal & interest payment with a fixed-rate mortgage.
4. 30 year mortgage terms are available to most borrowers.
5. The mortgage interest deduction is intact for the majority of taxpayers.
6. The capital gain exclusion for principal residences up to $500,000 remains in place.
7. Prices are going up due to lower inventories and several years of low housing starts.
Contact me about any specific questions you have or information you need John-952-929-2577 Visit http://www.MplsRealtor.com for stats that will confirm the uptrend throughout the majority of the Twin Cities market.
CFP CLU ChFC CEBS MBA MS CMB
7300 France Ave S #410
Edina, MN 55435
How Can I Help You?
Powered By WP Footer
READ MOREPrevious: Mortgage Forgiveness Act-Report For YOU
Next: Top Ten Housing Predictions for 2013-Let’s See What Happens