Begin YOUR online
cities real estate
Minneapolis Real Estate Makes Affordable and Quality LivinBy Carrie Nelson
When you think about Twin Cities real estate, the cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul give you a wide variety of housing types and locations. They also have some of the best schools in the nation, plenty of health care. Rivers and lakes offer a variety of fun things to do all year. The area has won awards for the best places for young people to live, the best area for couples and one of the healthiest states in the country. Because of location, they have a job market that is not dependent on one single resource.
Thousands of people buy Minneapolis real estate every year for these reasons. Whether you are looking for an area that offers you many different small towns and suburbs or just looking for a big city area that has small town charm, it is a perfect area that values family life. It is a fun place to ice fish, hunt or snowmobile because the outdoor fun areas include lakes and rivers, along with forests. It has the Minnesota Twins for baseball and the Minnesota Vikings for national football and those that like watching sports or taking kids for a fun day.
The seven county areas of St Paul and Minneapolis, have over two million people that have different interests, but they all enjoy the quality family life, great hospitals and school choices. Forbes voted Minneapolis at the top of the most affordable places to live with a good life and with plenty of things to do. Over half of the area’s homes that were sold could be afforded by the average people that work in the area. It ranked high in quality of life, arts and recreation choices.
When it comes to large companies, Target, 3M, Best Buy, General Mills, Cargill and United Health support the things to do in the area. Minneapolis is popular because many of the people work for these large companies and their families like the theaters, music halls and museums they support. When it comes to family values and the great things to do that are fun, the area is unlike other large big cities.
Twin Cities real estate enjoys a strong resale value because families are still moving here and jobs are still available. When it comes to raising a young family and finding a good job to support them, Minneapolis offers the chance at an affordable home, a stable job, and a growing area that offers exciting things to do. The area has also earned awards for being one of the safest metro areas, which is important to family life.
When you are looking for the best places in the country to raise a young family, enjoy a stable job and buy a home that will hold its worth, the Minneapolis-St. Paul area is a popular choice. In fact, as of November, 2009, median price of a home was $220,000 for Minneapolis real estate. This number was up 2% from last year, compared to other areas where prices have dropped.
As you can see, when you compare those numbers to Florida, California or Nevada home values and you can see why many people choose Twin Cities real estate over other areas. The diverse area offers many advantages for families that are looking for a great area to raise a family, work and enjoy their life. You can see why Forbes chose Minneapolis as the most affordable place that offers a great life. It is the same reasons that you should call a real estate agent, get a great job and move here, too.
For more information about moving to Minneapolis, visit The Derrick Monroe Group, a team of full time real estate agents of Lakes Area Realty that have a detailed knowledge of the Minneapolis Real Estate market. With attention to details and a unique marketing approach for home sellers and a second to none program for home buyers, you are sure to find what you are looking for with them.
Powered By WP Footer
cities real estate
If you are looking for a great place to relocate, you’ll find that relocating to Minnesota is an excellent option today. Whether you are from California, New York, Mississippi, Texas, or even Ohio, you’ll find that Minnesota is a wonderful place to move. There are a variety of reasons that moving to areas in Minnesota, such as Minneapolis Minnesota or even St. Paul, is a great idea. You’ll find that this state has much to offer you. Of course before you decide that this is the right place for you, it’s important that you take a look at the general benefits of relocating to Minnesota and at the real estate market in the state as well.
General Benefits of Relocating to Minnesota
If you’re considering Minneapolis, Minnesota or another city in the beautiful state of Minnesota, you’ll find that there are many general benefits to relocating to Minnesota. Here is a closer look at some of the excellent general benefits you’ll enjoy when you decide to move to this state.
- Benefit #1 – Excellent Schools with Great Performance – First of all, you’ll find that Minnesota has excellent schools with great performance. In fact, many of the schools in the Minneapolis area actually score very highly when it comes to the No Child Left Behind guidelines. If you happen to have children, more than likely great schooling is a high priority for you, so excellent schools are definitely a drawing point.
- Benefit #2 – Easy Commutes to Work – You’ll find that most Minnesota homes are actually located so that you have a reasonable and easy commute to work. This is an important consideration for working families, especially with the recent hikes in gas prices.
- Benefit #3 – Reasonable Taxes – Taxes on real estate in the area are fairly reasonable as well. In some places across the country, real estate taxes are skyrocketing, but the taxes in many locations are quite low within the state of Minnesota.
- Benefit #4 – Great Jobs Available – Jobs in Minnesota are plentiful, which is another great benefit to relocating to this area. There are many great jobs that are available and with the growth in the job market, many families are finding that this area is a great place to relocate to. Especially in the St. Paul and Minneapolis areas, you’ll notice that there are excellent jobs that are available, which is definitely a top drawing point.
- Benefit #5 – Cost of Living is Relatively Low – Compared to many other regions in the United States, you’ll find that the cost of living is relatively low. Although prices have been driven up due to increases in gas prices and the real estate market troubles recently, you’ll find that comparatively the cost of living is lower than many other places around the country today.
The Real Estate Market
No doubt you are interested in the real estate market as well if you plan on relocating to Minnesota. Whether you are planning to buy in a rural area or you are interested in twin cities real estate, there are some things that you need to know about the market before you make your decision about the relocation. Let’s take a look at the real estate market and how it’s looking for families that want to relocate to the area.
- Real Estate is Going for Low Prices – First of all, you’ll find that real estate is going for low prices right now. In fact, you’ll find that twin cities real estate is down and homes are going for very low prices. Although this is not necessarily a good thing for those who are selling, it’s great for you if you want to relocate to this area and find Minnesota homes for a great price. The low prices definitely are attractive if you are considering a relocation to the Minnesota area.
- Many Types of Real Estate Available – You’ll also find that there are a variety of different types of real estate available that you can choose from if you move into the area. You can purchase nice single family Minnesota homes, but they are not your only option. You’ll find that condominiums, apartments, and even town homes in the area are excellent choices as well.
- Mortgage Rates are Low – Right now the mortgage rates in the area are low, making it a great time to purchase Minnesota homes. This means that not only will you be able to find a great deal on your home in the area, but you’ll also be able to find great rates on the mortgage that you need as well.
As you can see, there are definitely a variety of great benefits to relocating to Minnesota. If you are looking for quality schools, great jobs, reasonable real estate prices, and low rate mortgages, then Minnesota may be a great place for you to move in the near future. Take the time to find out more about the real estate options that are available to you today.
Powered By WP Footer